This post may contain links to products/services. Please assume all such links are affiliate links which may result in my earning commissions and fees. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.This will not incur additional cost to you. This will not incur additional cost to you.
The Beauty Benefits of Rice Water.
What is rice water and its importance?
According to Asian culture, rice water is referred as a natural cleansing option for washing your face and it works as a gentle toner and cleanser but it cannot strongly remove makeup or remove oily in your skin.
Rice water is always the best beauty secret to Asians because it is rich in beauty minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins that make it fantastic for both skin and hair.
Asian women have considered for a long period of time rice water being the best natural elixir and they said they enjoy bathing in water they just used to wash the white rice. The reason behind these is that the ingredient that water rice contains is used to keep skin and hair healthy and beautiful.
Rice water is also used as a natural anti-aging product because it contains vitamin B inositol. This vitamin promotes the body cell renewal and helps in blood circulation thus making it a natural anti-aging product.
Beside rice water being used as a face tonic, it is also used as a remedy for preventing skin spots that are caused by the sun or hormone fluctuations. This is because it contains contents of niacin that brighten the skin without any side effect. Rice water will also benefit those people who are suffering from acne or unclean skin because it clarifies anti-inflammatory effects.
Importance of applying rice water to your skin
Rice water is an excellent skin toner because it helps to keep the skin smooth and glowing. Regardless of any type of skin rice water always works the best.
The following are the reason why rice water is important for your skin.
It keeps the skin smooth, brighter and glowing
When we talk about healthy food we mean healthy skin, but not only is it good for ingesting but also for sin application. Most Chinese and Japanese women sake from rice water and it does impose great health benefits to their skin when taken in moderation.
For people who have sensitive skin, you can be sure that rice water won`t provoke any undesirable allergy since it the greater skin that will keep your skin healthy.
Make use of soaking a cotton pad in the rice water and apply it on your skin in the morning before makeup and in the evening before bedtime.
Rice water is much better when you use it to brighten your skin than other artificial products that are known to do the same effect and they contain harmful chemicals.
If you wash your face regularly using rice water by damping cotton in the rice water you will get the desired glow on your face and improve your skin tone.
It reduces the pore size.
Ugly pores give an unhealthy look to your skin and one appears to look unattractive. You can use rice water that helps in narrowing skin pores b damping a cotton ball in the rice water and applying it appropriately on your skin. This rice water will act as an astringent thus tightening the pores and making them appear firm and small.
Rice Water is used as a face tonic that keeps the skin tender and your face soft and clean. The importance of using this rice water is because your skin will be invigorated making the pores in your face to shrink and also making the wrinkles to become small. This rice water is always recommended to be used by people who have sensitive skin who are prone to allergy or rosacea because of calm and soften the irritated skin.
It is an acne healer
Rice water can easily treat the outbursts of acne by applying it on the acne area using a cotton ball that is dumped in the rice water. After applying rice water to the affected area you will soon notice that the facial redness will disappear gradually.
It deals with eczema
The scratch component of rice water will help in dealing with eczema when you follow the following simple procedure;
- Boil the rice with water.
- Take the rice off the stove once the rice is cooked.
- Do not strain the rice frequently as the possibilities of loss of scratch components are high.
- Cool the water and apply it to the affected area.
- Through the regular application, this condition will be treated.
It soothes the sunburn
Rice water is also used for cooling inflammations and burnt skin. It will help your skin to recover fast and prevent further damage.
What does rice water do for your face?
According to Asian tradition, you can simply retain the water that is left over from cooking rice and use it as a face tonic. You can also use rice water without cooking the rice as a facial toner. After a thorough cleaning, you can use a cotton pad and damp it in rice water and apply to the skin of your face and neckline.
This homemade cleanser will not only make your face clean but also heal your face. The whitening properties of white rice will heal scarring, whiten your skin and diminish pimples and blackheads. Considering that this cleanser only does well and no harm, the result may take over during the night or sometimes it requires patience as people say.
Through personal experience of many people, rice water has been proven to really work in the best way possible when applied appropriately. One should have the best ratio of rice water that you will use to apply on your face.
To be honest, the first application on your face, it will become even drier if you didn`t dilute the rice liquid with a cup of clean warm water.
It is always advised that if you really want to try this natural remedy, don`t use rice water in its pure form, add some water to make it quite soft to your skin.
But if you have naturally dry skin, don`t overdo washing your face with rice water every day because it won`t do good to your skin complexion.
To avoid having the feeling of very dry skin, add 10-15 drops of base oil like coconut, avocado or olive oil.
Simple steps on how to make rice water for your skin
Rice water can be applied on all types of skin such as dry, oily or normal skin. Rice water does contain beneficial minerals and vitamins such as B1, C, and vitamin E. The combination of all these makes the rice powder to be used as body scrub that removes dead cells of your skin and allowing the skin cell to grow.
Also, this combination helps in skin tightening. Shrinking of pores and softening the skin thus making it look brighter. It also stimulates blood flow by increasing the blood circulation that pushes enough oxygen and blood to the cells rejuvenating them and also it slows down the aging process.
In order to make a wonderful face cleanser, use the following steps;
- Submerge fully clean uncooked rice in a bowl of water and let it settle for 30 minutes.
- Lightly knead it to get all nutrients without cooking in order to get rid of the dirt in the water. Don`t use this water and throw it away as it contains dirt and impurities.
- After rinsing the rice for the second time, drain the rice into a separate clean container.
Make sure you drain more than once to ensure there is no any rice grain in the water.
- Store the rice water for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator to let it cool. You can also leave the rice water unrefrigerated for two days in order to ferment before storing it in the refrigerator.
- Dilute the rice water into the ratio of 1:3 parts of brown or white rice respectively.
- Alternatively, you can also mix the rice water with three tablespoons of lemon and then refrigerate it for an hour. This will help to tone the skin and remove the scars.
- You can now use the cooled rice water as a toner or rinse your face once a day.
The following steps refer to a recipe one should take to make concentrated water rice.
- Boil a cup of rice with 3 parts water and do not let it dry completely.
- Strain the water into a clean container and let it cool before refrigerating it.
- Since the rice water will be highly concentrated during the time you will use it, mix 2 tablespoon rice water with a cup of water and use it on the skin.
- The mixture can last for a week when refrigerated and is always advised to use short grain rice because it tends to be a bit sticky and can still release some water after being cooked.
How to make fermented rice water
- Leave the rice water you collected in a container in some warm place for several days of about 2-3 days.
- Wait for it until it slightly turns to sour for you to know it has started to ferment.
- Place the rice water at room temperature for the fermentation process to take fast.
How to use water rice as a facial cleanser?
- Pour the rice water into a bowl and put it in a sink.
- As a cleanser, splash the water onto your face and scope it up deliberately and carefully for about 5-6 minutes.
- Gently massage for two minutes.
- Apply the rice water using a clean cotton ball or a pad on the different affected area of skin and continue massaging it to increase the absorption.
- For irritated skin, give a 15-minute bath at least twice a day in order to heal in a highly effective way.
- At the end pat your face with a clean dry towel.
How to use water rice as a facial toner?
- Retain the water left over after cooking your rice.
- Alternatively, put half a cup of organic rice and one glass of clean water into a container.
- Cover the container and let it stand overnight.
- Filter out the water the next day, and the facial toner will be ready.
- Keep the rice water in a resealable jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Using any other tonic, apply the water rice to the skin of your face and neckline after a thorough cleaning with a cotton pad.
Beauty Benefits of rice water
- Treatment of acne
Acne is caused by the sebum from sebaceous glands as a result of producing a lot of sebum which clogs the skin pores and this result to formation of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. The rice water will absorb the excess oils in the skin pores and opens up the areas around the pores thus clearing the acne.
The rice water contains a high level of anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the redness around the skin.
- Treatment of Eczema
This is a condition that makes the skin to become irritated or inflamed with tiny blisters that leads to skin becoming very dry, itchy, reddish and thick and this may cause discoloration. Skin irritation may be caused by genetics, allergies or stress.
- Compounds that are found in rice water contain anti-histamine properties that fight with the major causes of allergies and eczema. Rice water also contains starch which reduces inflammation on the skin.
- Sunburn Soother
When the skin is exposed to ultra-vires rays it may be inflamed. Rice water contains anti-inflammatory properties that help the skin to recover from sunburn in a faster rate. The rice water contains chorine which helps to relieve the skin.
- Moisturizes the skin
Dehydration, age and health issues contribute to the fast loss of moisture from the skin which leaves the skin dry and flaky.
Rice water contains nicotinamide which is part of vitamin B3 and it helps the skin to retain its moisture thus reducing the flakiness and making the skin to become more soft, smooth and radiant.
Hair rinse and conditioner
For conditioner, let the rice cooking water stand for 1-2 days until it becomes slightly acidic and its effect will develop through fermentation. The water rice will contain valuable minerals, antioxidants and vitamin E that will help the hair to become shiny, healthier and strong.
When applying the rice conditioner, you will just need to put in your hair after washing and rinse out with water after a couple of minutes.
Now you know how much to make Rice water at home. Why don’t you give it a try?