This post may contain links to products/services. Please assume all such links are affiliate links which may result in my earning commissions and fees. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.This will not incur additional cost to you. This will not incur additional cost to you.
Skin changes with age.
The Aging of the skin is something that begins for everyone at the age of 25 years. Whether you are prepared for it or not, the skin with the passage of time starts to loose vital components that are responsible for maintaining youthfulness and elasticity. The forever young look is admired and desired by all, but only a few get to enjoy this. Those that would read through this piece and imbibe the practices within might be found in the hallmark of the forever young.
The process of aging begins inevitably in humans at the age of 25 years. At this point there are initial developments of fine lines that are not noticeable and as the years progress it becomes more pronounced. They are no longer fine lines but wrinkles, volumes and elasticity are lost from the skin resulting in more obvious signs of aging.
While the natural process of aging is common to all, there exists yet another type of ageing that is not natural. This is known as premature aging, caused by unnatural external factors that can be corrected in time. The important point to take note of here is the interplay of elements within the body and outside the body which leads to both natural and premature ageing. A complete approach to tackle skin aging takes all these into consideration so that premature aging can be combated. These are predominant causes of aging whose careful management leads to a long lasting youthful look.
There are many factors that can cause skin aging. Some of these are factors within the operation of the body. There are also external factors not within the body that affects the aging of the skin. A complete approach to tackle skin aging takes all these into consideration so that premature aging can be combated. The process of aging occurs in all the three layers of the skin, which then reflects on the outer surface as the aging signs that are visible to all.
Internal Factors that Cause Skin Aging
These are conditions within the body that produces or acerbates the process of skin aging. They include:
- Inadequate Blood Supply – when there is an obstruction to the accurate level of blood flow to the outer layer of the skin, then the signs of aging appears. The reason for this is because the blood that flows to the skin contains the necessary nutrients to keep it looking lustrous, maintaining its youthful glow.
- Genes – the type of skin inherited from our parents is a major cause of skin aging. Those with very sensitive skins are predisposed to aging at a younger age. While those with strong tight skins experience aging at an older age.
External Factors That Cause Aging
These are things that exist outside of the body that leads to skin aging when we encounter them. These include:
- Diet – our eating habits has a lot to do with skin aging. Eating more of foods that are great sources of anti-oxidants help stop the aging process. Anti-oxidants prevent the destructive activities of free radicals that are responsible for aging.
- Sun – photo-aging which is the diminishing of the skin’s youthfulness as a result of constant disclosure to Ultra Violet rays is a major cause of skin aging. When the skin is continuously unprotected to the sun then oxidative strain bring about the aging of the skin.
- Pollution – the unprotected encounter the skin has with pollutants in the environment can lead to its aging. The danger here is that some chemicals elements might cause the creation of free radicals within the body to instigate skin aging.
- Smoking – nicotine and other chemical substances that are in cigarettes, when ingested triggers the release of free radicals. Of course this evident result of the activities of free radicals would be skin aging.
Signs of Aging Skin
The signs of an aging skin are very visible and obviously noticeable to all. They are three major ways in which aging occurs on the skin and these are the main signs of the aging of the skin that brings about all other signs.
- Wrinkles – the wrinkling process begins with just a fine line at the 25 years or more. The older one becomes the increase to the wrinkling process. More wrinkles begin to appear until one is well advanced in age.
- Loss of volume – the sign is when the skin becomes loose and begins to sag as a result of aging. This causes slackness in the skin when drawn.
- Loss of Density – this is the most advanced sign of aging. At this point the skin no longer radiates, it is no longer firm and tight as it ought to be. The result of skin aging causes the skin to be dry and dull, losing the lustrous youthful glow. The loss of density starts at the age of 50 years above,
Ways to Reduce Premature Skin Aging
- Diet – eat foods that are rich in anti-oxidants that fight and eliminate free radicals and their activities in the body. Such foods are tomatoes, leafy vegetables, beans, carrots, apricots, fruits and others.
- Protect skin from the sun daily with the use of SPF 30 or greater sunscreen.
- Don’t tan your skin as the process of tanning ages the skin.
- Stop smoking as the chemicals contained in it releases free radicals that cause skin aging.
- Wash the face especially after serious sweating.
- Use cleansers to remove deep dirt that block pores.
- Avoid the use of skin care components that burn the skin.
- Use moisturizers daily.
Discover more about Aging skin as follow :
* How to slow down Aging Naturally
* How aging works
Image source : pixabay.com